Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Small Respite.

11:54pm, my first book is officially finished.  Well, finished as in I can make it no better on my own.  So I've sent it out among friends and family to read, so I can gauge their opinions.  You can't really trust friends and family  to give you an honest opinion though.  It is in their nature to spare your feelings.  Either way I'll get a good idea about what works and what doesn't.  Hopefully it all works, because I despise rewriting.

I titled this post "A Small Respite", because that is what I'm in.  The remainder of the night will involve no writing, or reading, or editing.  Tonight I rest, tomorrow I begin my next book.  I've decided to challenge myself.  I intend to write an entire book from conception to first draft in fourteen days.  My first book took entirely too long to write in my opinion.  I believe the problem was I let the story get stale by taking long breaks, and near the end it became a chore to work on it.  It took almost an entire year.  So, my solution is to remove the freedom of relaxation from the equation.  I intend to immerse myself in the next story and not come up for air until it has run it's course.

No comments:

Post a Comment