Wednesday, March 28, 2012

03/28/2012 Act of God

So I've done as much work as I personally can do on my first book "Mary and Cyrus:  A Gathering of Storms."  I wanted to make the best possible first impression that I could, so I set out to find a professional editor.  After contacting several editors and getting estimates I was admittedly pretty depressed.  The prices were way out of my budget range.  Then I found one I could possibly afford and she ended up being a super nice person and I decided then and there that I liked her.

With the decision made I had to find a way to raise enough money to pay for her services.  Well, here is where the Act of God comes in.  The very next day I received two student loan refunds that equaled almost the exact amount I needed.  Now I wasn't expecting these refunds.  I was under the impression that I got just enough aid to pay for my schooling and not enough for a refund.  To me it is too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

Before that happened if someone had told me they thought God directly intervened in their life I would have laughed at them.  Now?  I truly believe.  I believe God gave me what I needed because I'm finally trying and I'm on the right path.  I don't believe this will make me a successful writer.  I know that part is up to me but I do believe God wants me to succeed.  So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment